Edwards Lifesciences Irvine, CA
Apply for this job : Machine Learning Engineer I at Edwards Lifesciences.
We are seeking an exceptional and self-motivated Machine Learning Engineer to join Edwards Lifesciences’ growing team in the Applied Machine Learning Group.
The Machine Learning Engineer will be responsible for applying machine learning, time series models, physiological signal processing, and human physiology to develop algorithms for minimally invasive and noninvasive critical care patient monitoring products.
Will be responsible for performing research and feasibility of new concepts, conducting animal studies and R&D clinical trials, analyzing data, drawing conclusions and preparing final reports and presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree in biomedical engineering or electrical engineering with a strong background in mathematics, machine learning, and signal processing is required.
- Strong clinical and engineering communication skills to facilitate working with Edwards teams and executives, physician collaborators and principal investigators
- Experience building ML models
- High degree of familiarity with Sklearn, TensorFlow/Keras, Pytorch
- Strong theoretical and applied background in Digital Signal Processing (DSP), mathematical modeling and algorithm development for biomedical applications
- Strong experience in scripting languages, such as MATLAB and Python for prototyping, testing and validation of signal processing algorithms and model development
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter who is able to achieve results with minimal direction; high-energy; excellent teamwork, partnering, and negotiation skills; proactive and creative in achieving goals
- Experience with deep learning techniques (CNN, LSTM, RNN, etc)
- Understanding of some big data tools and experience with cloud-based providers (AWS, Azure)
- Strong theoretical and applied background in human physiology and anatomy
- Experience in hemodynamics and cardiovascular biomechanics
- Experience working with high resolution time series data (ECG, arterial blood pressure, etc)
- Impeccable documentation of work results.
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.Edwards Lifesciences – Today